I did more repeats than the pattern calls for, as I wanted it bigger. I noticed a lot of people seemed to have the yarn for a larger shawl, so I took my chances. I skimped out on the last two garter stitch rows before the picot bind-off to manage it, finishing off with a tiny ball of purple. Made it!
This thing is a lot smaller than it looks. Pretty scary, considering I was only halfway through the yarn-gobbling picot edging when I took this. Talk about cutting it close though – I made it with about 5 metres to spare. I’d pat myself on the back for my excellent yarn estimating, but I feel like it was really more luck :p
I was going to half-ass it and not bother pinning up EVERY SINGLE LITTLE PICOT on my edging because I wanted to go to bed so bad after washing it, but it turned out I couldn’t do it. I don’t regret it, but I sure don’t look forward to doing this again.
Please excuse the little clumps of angora making everything look like it’s covered in fuzz! I should have defuzzed everything before taking the pictures, but I was lazy and now I’m kind of embarrassed.
But eeeheeehee knitting with handspun is stupidly rewarding. Next project up is a hoodie I think. Who knows when that will be done though. I’ve got 150g of singles spun so far. Hoping to have the yarn ready by next week.
(Oh, and the arbitrary exclaiming of “Northern Lights!” in the title was a reference to what I called the colours of my fibre. I guess I could have explained that, as it’s a bit nonsensical standing on it’s own like it is).